Saturday, February 9, 2013

How I became Twitterpated with Twitter

Like most people when I started twitter I wasn't sure what I was getting into.  I thought it was going to be like facebook but with only the status updates.  This was why I didn't want to get twitter. The only thing about Facebook that I liked was seeing the pictures and knowing what people were generally up to, not if they had a pb and j sandwich for lunch.
Once I got twitter I never used it.  I had no one to follow until I got into watching Sport Centre.  I started following Dan and Jay.  Their tweets were usually entertaining so it gave me something to read every once and a while.
Then when I took literacy for ICT last year, I started to following educators on and twitter became addicting.  I loved seeing the resources that other people are using in the classroom.  They also share their thoughts and ideas.  All this drives me to form opinions on things and search the web for resources.  I am not much of a tweeter myself, I tend to just take from twitter but I am trying to challenge myself to tweet things that I find online now to.  I use twitter even more since I got a tablet.  Using flipboard I can read article or view the websites that people tweet on one page without having to follow the link.  It makes twitter easy to use.  I now find myself spending the mornings scanning for new ed resources rather then watching Dan and Jay on Sport Centre. (Sorry Guys)


1 comment:

  1. Anna, I too have them same views on Twitter. I was skeptical about using Twitter to start, but now I find myself reading fellow educators tweets and getting ideas from them! I'm glad I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete