Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Great Presentations Today


WOW have we all come a long way.  Mike must be so proud of all of us!

For those reading that don't aren't from #I4ed, today in class we presented group projects on different internet/educational related topics.  The content in these presentations was great but I think more importantly was how they were presented.

We had one group do an amazing google doc powerpoint presentation that incorporated wordles (Mike's favourite, so I am sure you will get a p+) and pictures that made the presentation engaging.  On top of this they ran a todaysmeet during their presentation so the class could ask questions and comment.  Great idea to keep your presentation fresh.


Another group did a google doc as well but they brought in battles between members to keep the presentation exciting.  Also the graphics they used were awesome.

The next group blew everyone out of the water(except for the video presentation but we will get to that).  They created a wiki that they had to fight to get published publicly to the web (thanks for that added work).  They had tons of resources and easy to follow guides to how to use their wiki and information.  They even created a short video to introduce their pirating talk.  They put tons of work into their presentation and I will definitely be "creative commonly" using their site in my future!

My group did a glogster but we started by using poll everywhere to engage the class and get a starting point for our topic. We then used wall wisher to gather thoughts after the presentation.  I liked our ideas but everyone was way more creative!

The final group topped the charts with their satirical news report on cyber bullying.  It was funny, well edited and very creative.

I know Mike didn't want a retelling of what the presentations were about so I hope this counts because I wanted to draw attention to the types and quality of presentations that were created, and we are not experts.  Some of you did not even know google docs existed till 2 months ago.

I think it is so exciting what can be created with a little creativity, freedom and the fun of using technology.  I can only imagine what our students could create if given the same freedoms and knowledge that we are given in this class.  We HAVE to be those teachers that allow BYOD, promote the GOOD of the internet, not not not STEAL from the internet, not FILTER everything, and THINK about cyberbullying seriously.

  We are the future and judging by the presentation today it looks bright!
Great job everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Anna, I so agree with you - and yes, I am very proud of all of you. As you said, I was also struck, not only by the excellent content & presentation, but by the amazing array of tools and approaches used (and your group was every bit as creative as the rest!). As a few groups mentioned, modelling is so important in teaching and the modelling done by everyone assures me that BU does indeed have the greatest new teacher grads and that the future is in good hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your glogster! I am going to check it out and figure it out! I was also was thinking, wow! What a creative group... all groups presented differently and got great information and reflections on use out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a glogster before this and it looked really neat! You guys did a really great job with your topic! I've never really gave internet filters much thought before this and I left with a lot of new thoughts. I also really liked your use of the wall wisher, that is one tool that I can definitely see myself using in the future because it seems so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This set of presentations was truley unique because each group could portray their information however they wanted to. Looking at all of the finished products and all of the different tools and resources the class was exposed to was great. Leaving us the option to choose truley created amazing results which made me think about how I want group projects to look in my classroom. It was great to see all of the different ways to see how technology was infused to make the information interesting! I also had never seen glogster before and thought it was pretty cool and something I would like to try.

    ReplyDelete